Share | 

Vintage Albums!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN

PostSubject: Vintage Albums!   Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:24 am

i hope this is the right place to post this thread..

i came across a store called Treasure Dragon (if i remember correctly) at chinatown, beside the Chinatown complex.
the unit is 01-121. It sells the old old kind of big black disc (i could not remember what it was called)..lol.. And i saw the dangerous album snd some jackson 5 albums.. if you are really a great collector, check the store out.. its really cool.. they are selling vintage posters too.. Michael Jackson's poster!! for 25 each i think.. not too sure..

@trinix: they have lots of elvis vintage albums too!! =)

sorry that i was not able to take some pics of the store. but the signboard is bright yellow. its among the stalls at the side of the complex where you can find many other stores selling lion heads (for lion dance).

surprisingly, the store has the player for those big disc. i think its belong to the owner.. haha.. if i have one of that, i will buy those disc!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trinixdeangelov
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:11 am

Star wrote:

i came across a store called Treasure Dragon (if i remember correctly) at chinatown, beside the Chinatown complex.
the unit is 01-121. It sells the old old kind of big black disc (i could not remember what it was called)..lol.. And i saw the dangerous album snd some jackson 5 albums.. if you are really a great collector, check the store out.. its really cool.. they are selling vintage posters too.. Michael Jackson's poster!! for 25 each i think.. not too sure..

sorry that i was not able to take some pics of the store. but the signboard is bright yellow. its among the stalls at the side of the complex where you can find many other stores selling lion heads (for lion dance).

surprisingly, the store has the player for those big disc. i think its belong to the owner.. haha.. if i have one of that, i will buy those disc!!

affraid affraid affraid OH NO!!! ELVIS & MICHAEL???? AIYEE... BANKRUPT SOON DEY!!! It's called either a EP (the small ones) or LP (the bigger ones)... die lah, I'll go for sure Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

"It broke my heart when you were gone, but you didn't go alone... A part of my heart also went with you, the day God called you home... Rest in Peace, Applehead" ~ Love from Egghead  Crying or Very sad

"Music has been my outlet, my gift to all of the lovers in this world. Through it - my music, I know I will live forever."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cindy_leo86
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:28 am

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

affraid affraid affraid OH NO!!! ELVIS & MICHAEL???? AIYEE... BANKRUPT SOON DEY!!! It's called either a EP (the small ones) or LP (the bigger ones)... die lah, I'll go for sure Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radyalovesmjj
A die-hard MJ Fan
A die-hard MJ Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 am

cindy_leo86 wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

lol!

afro afro afro you guys made my day, by the way what's an EP and LP?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://2faces2worlds.blogspot.com
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:34 am

the LP is the bigger-than-head disc.. like an afro!! LOL.. discs of the olden days..

@trinix: LOL..i dunno if they have both EP and LP.. but from the packaging of those albums, i'm sure they are really true and authentic stuff. i dun see youngsters there, only uncles!!.. its so cool that the player still work! hope they have players for sale too.. i think trinix might get it! haha.. o dear, please dun blame me.. dun think will so easy bankrupt la right? the dangerous one is on the wall at a corner.. look out for it!! i dunno why i always come across all these when i dun have the money to buy.. =( haha..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trinixdeangelov
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:58 pm

At the rate I am spending on Michael & Elvis, I will be super bankrupt... LOLX

For those who are interested... a LP album is a Long-Playing record album, which is a 33⅓ rpm vinyl gramophone records (phonograph records), generally either 10 or 12 inches in diameter. They were first introduced in 1948, and served as a primary release format for recorded music until the compact disc began to significantly displace them by 1988. The long-playing record is an analog format. The digital recording of sound was only made practical by the technical advances in microprocessors and computing which occurred in the 1970s and 1980s.

An EP is a Extended Play vinyl record, CD, or music download which contains more music than a single, but is too short to qualify as an LP. In the United Kingdom, the Official Chart Company defines a cut off between EP and album classification at 25 minutes length or four tracks (plus alternative versions of featured songs). When the Compact disc became the dominant physical format, capacities increased, with a CD single usually having around 10–28 minutes of music, a CD EP up to 36 minutes, and an album generally 30–80 minutes.

"It broke my heart when you were gone, but you didn't go alone... A part of my heart also went with you, the day God called you home... Rest in Peace, Applehead" ~ Love from Egghead  Crying or Very sad

"Music has been my outlet, my gift to all of the lovers in this world. Through it - my music, I know I will live forever."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skyenat
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:12 pm

hahahaha omg I can see trinix's cash flying into the shop already.. Razz LOL.

On that, I prefer LPs though.. idk, bigger ones look cooler to me Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trinixdeangelov
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:25 pm

The deed's been done Embarassed

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Any Elvis's collection caught your eye?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trinixdeangelov
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:44 am

Star wrote:

Yep, but a) was either too pricey (not sold separately) or b) not in gd condition... oh wellz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:24 am

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

Yep, but a) was either too pricey (not sold separately) or b) not in gd condition... oh wellz

expected.. just look at how old they were.. lol..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trinixdeangelov
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 am

Star wrote:
trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

expected.. just look at how old they were.. lol..

Kinda... but a lil sad 'cos I know I would have looked after my stuff well... I know of otehr fans who keep their items well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 pm

i wonder why they bare to sell them away..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trinixdeangelov
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:22 am

Star wrote:

Sometimes circumstances lead u to having to sell 'em... things happen & it's not always for the gd & at times like u, u'll have to be practical... if it ever happens to me, I'll be weeping.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:35 am

trinixdeangelov wrote:
Star wrote:

Sometimes circumstances lead u to having to sell 'em... things happen & it's not always for the gd & at times like u, u'll have to be practical... if it ever happens to me, I'll be weeping.

true.. if i were forced to sell them, i would Sad too..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kunieda
Mini MJ fan
Mini MJ fan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:02 pm

I think i might go bankrupt soon too if there are posters there D:

*saves allowance* *frenzies* XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:04 pm

the posters are the old edition.. really not sure of their condition.. wonder if it worth the money.. hee.. i need to save up more to collect more MJ stuff too..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kunieda
Mini MJ fan
Mini MJ fan

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:06 pm

I'm still saving up to get all his CD TwT; Cause i keep depleting my savings everytime i step into Kino XD Too many books there @A@
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Star
A MEGA MJ FAN
A MEGA MJ FAN

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Kunieda wrote:
I'm still saving up to get all his CD TwT; Cause i keep depleting my savings everytime i step into Kino XD Too many books there @A@

Yes yes! lol.. i've been controlling alot.. i'm afraid i'll get books that are not worth the money.. so i'm limiting myself to a few that are more trust worthy and true about MJ. =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trinixdeangelov
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:45 am

The posters are old school ones... they carry the yr date 1985... they're definitely different frm the posters of now-a-days.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Albums!   

Back to top Go down

Vintage Albums!
Page 1 of 1