HomeRegisterLog inCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroups

Share | 

Channel 4 sues over Jackson documentary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
trinixdeangelov
Admin

PostSubject: Channel 4 sues over Jackson documentary   Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:11 am

Channel 4 stands accused of faking scenes in a documentary about Tito Jackson moving to the UK.
bangshowbiz.com, Jan 28, 2010

'The Jacksons Are Coming' showed the older brother of late 'Thriller' singer Michael Jackson planning to move to Devon and set up a UK version of the Neverland ranch where his sibling had lived.

The musician spent five weeks in the town of Appledore for the Channel 4 programme, first shown in November 2008.

However, Matt Fiddes -who was featured in the programme - has claimed Tito never intended to move to Devon, and scenes in the documentary - including two men pretending to be photographers and being chased off the property - were falsified.

Fiddes is hoping to sue Channel 4, the programme's makers, Studio Lambert and narrator Jane Preston.

He claims the documentary: "Was from start to finish a gross misrepresentation or distortion of the true facts as they occurred."

Fiddes further claims he was libelled in the programme after it was falsely implied he betrayed the Jacksons' trust by leaking stories about them to the media without their agreement.

Mr Fiddes - a former bodyguard to Michael - said he had helped former Jackson 5 guitarist Tito to set up the show as a publicity stunt so he could raise his profile in the UK and earn enough to put a deposit on a house.

He made a deal worth £20,000 with Studio Lambert to cover the five-week visit and arranged the rented holiday home in Appledore.

He claims Preston: "Knowingly and deliberately manipulated and selected the footage which she had filmed" in order to mislead viewers, as well as altering the chronology of events in the show.

A spokesman for Channel 4 said: "We refute the allegations made against us."

The case is to be heard at London's High Court today (28.01.10) and a full trial will go ahead later this year.

(C) BANG Media International

"It broke my heart when you were gone, but you didn't go alone... A part of my heart also went with you, the day God called you home... Rest in Peace, Applehead" ~ Love from Egghead  Crying or Very sad

"Music has been my outlet, my gift to all of the lovers in this world. Through it - my music, I know I will live forever."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Channel 4 sues over Jackson documentary
Page 1 of 1